Thorne: Cal Mag Citrate Effervescent Powder
The effervescent quality of citric acid increases the bioavailability of citrate mineral chelates.* This ratio is especially desirable for individuals who need higher amounts of calcium but who, because of magnesium's laxative-like character, cannot tolerate an equal amount of magnesium.*
- Powder effervesces when mixed with water, resulting in formation of optimally absorbed citrate, ascorbate, and glycinate minerals*
- A convenient way to supplement with high amounts of these minerals
- Has the added benefit of vitamin C*
- Provides 500 mg calcium, 200 mg magnesium, 500 mg of Vitamin C and 500 mg of glycine per scoop!
Benefits of Magnesium:
- Magnesium is present in all cells of the body and is involved in over 300 enzymatic processes, including energy production.*
- Attempts to support the maintenance of normal bone density, normal cardiac rhythmicity, normal pulmonary function, and normal blood glucose regulation.*
- Other body functions requiring magnesium include nerve conduction, methyl-group transfer, conversion of pyridoxine to pyridoxal 5'-phosphate (the active form of vitamin B6), production of energy, and muscle contraction.*
Benefits of Citric Acid (Citrate):
- May assist with Energy Production*
- Could help with absorption of calcium in the intestines*
The desired amount of powder should be placed in a glass containing a small amount of water and allowed to effervesce. When it has stopped bubbling, the solution can be consumed directly or it can be further mixed with a fruit juice. The resultant calcium and magnesium chelates include citrates, ascorbates, and glycinates.
Add 1 heaping (5.4 g) scoop to 8 ounces of water one to two times daily or as recommended by a health-care practitioner.*
- See more at: https://www.yeswellness.com/thorne-research-cal-mag-citrate-effervescent-powder-8-oz-227g.html?gdffi=77461643cbaa4d31acfff0c35fdd3b7e&gdfms=65C2420E0BA24CA4ACDC32F2D6E6F92D&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpbzCz6L82gIVjbXACh16ygdzEAYYASABEgKbKvD_BwE#sthash.2fD1iSVc.dpuf